STAUNTON, Va. – Randolph-Macon did not allow the Fighting Squirrels of Mary Baldwin to tally a single game as each of the nine matches went the Yellow Jackets' way in a sweeping victory in Staunton on Sunday afternoon.
Score: Randolph-Macon 9, Mary Baldwin 0
Location/Venue: Staunton, Va./Mary Baldwin Tennis Courts
Records: Randolph-Macon (3-0), Mary Baldwin (0-3)
How It Happened
- In doubles action, senior Stephanie Yeager (Fairfax, Va. / Robinson Secondary) and junior Morgan Fuqua (Richmond, VA / Mills Godwin) teamed up at #1 Doubles to claim the win over Esperanza Cadena and Julia Kelly 8-0. In #2 Doubles, juniors Kristin Dantzler (Williamsburg, Va. / York) and Landon Aud (Fishersville, Va. / Wilson Memorial) scored an 8-0 victory of Brenda Korlison and Lucie Oechalin. In #3 Doubles, juniors Macy Lee Johnson (Henderson, N.C. / Kerr-Vance Academy) and Courtney Jenkins (Yorktown, Va. / York) defeated Olivia Anderson and Alexis Gonzales 8-0 as well.
- Fuqua played at #1 Singles for the first time in her R-MC career. There, she defeated Kelly 6-0, 6-0.
- Dantzler defeated Korlison 6-0, 6-0 at #2 Singles.
- Yeager came away with the win against Oechalin 6-0, 6-0 in #3 Singles.
- In #4 singles action, sophomore Isabel Wadsworth (Lake Wales, Fla. / Lake Wales) defeated Cadena in straight sets, 6-0, 6-0.
- Sophomore Daniella Hafner (Leesburg, Va. / Loudoun County) scored a 6-0, 6-0 victory over Anderson.
- At #6 Singles, sophomore Andrea Wine (King George, Va. / King George) tallied a 6-0, 6-0 win against Gonzales.
Inside The Numbers
- Randolph-Macon has not ceded a single match to an opponent yet this season.
Randolph-Macon will face Centre tomorrow at 4:00 PM at home at the Banks Tennis Center. The R-MC men will also be in action at the same time.