27 Saunders Riley
|High School:||Northern Guilford|
|Club Team:||Panthers Lacrosse|
As a Senior (2019)
- Appeared in 19 games in 2019
- ODAC All-Tournament Team
- Tied for second on the team for goals scored with 31
- Added eight assists
- Collected 19 ground balls
- Added five caused turnovers
- Helped contribute to a series of three goals with under five minutes to play in the ODAC semifinals against Roanoke, resulting in a 13-12 win
- Scored two straight goals in the second half to push Randolph-Macon to a 10-9 victory against Shenandoah on April 27
As a Junior (2018)
- Appeared in 17 games for the Jackets, starting 11 of those.
- Recorded 27 points, scoring 22 goals which was fourth on the team.
- Recorded a season-high six goals in win on Apr. 11 at Bridgewater.
- Tallied five ground balls, four draw controls, and caused one turnover.
As a Sophomore (2017)
- Appeared in all 17 games for the Yellow Jackets and started 15 of them
- Was named to the All-ODAC Third Team
- Her 47 points on the season were good for third on the team and her 25 assists were second on the team
- She also fielded 16 ground balls and won nine draw controls
- Had a season-high six goals in the Apr. 12 win over Shenandoah and won one draw control in that game
- Had five points in the opening round of the ODAC tournament with two goals and three assists as well as fielding two ground balls in that game.
As a Freshman (2016)
- Played in six games scoring seven points in her first year
- Had four goals, three assists, four ground balls, five draw controls and six caused turnovers.
- Attended Northern Guilford high school where she lettered in lacrosse, swimming, cross country and indoor track
- Was an Academic All-Conference recipient in all four sports
- For lacrosse, Riley was a four-time All-Conference selection, three-time All-District choice and was named team MVP in 2013 and 2015. Riley was also named All-Conference Offensive Player of the Year in 2013.
- Off the field, Riley was involved in Habitat for Humanity, BETA Club, Fun Buddies (Service Learning) and was the historian for the student council.
- In addition, Riley was an AP and NC Scholar, a member of the National Honors Society and National Latin Honors Society and received Magna Cum Laude and Cum Laude distinction on the National Latin Exam. Riley intends to pursue a degree in biology and environmental science.
- Father, Benjamin Riley '88, and uncle attended R-MC.
- Mother, Elizabeth Riley, played lacrosse for Sweet Briar and James Madison University.
|Apr 17||at Virginia Wesleyan||W, 17-6|
|Apr 20||at Ferrum||W, 20-3|
|Apr 24||Bridgewater (Va.)||W, 19-4|
|Apr 27||Shenandoah||W, 10-9|
|May 4||vs. Roanoke||W, 13-12|
|May 5||at Washington & Lee||L, 17-7|
|Shots on goal||67||34|
|Shots on goal percentage||83.8||82.9|
|Free position goals-shots||5-13||3-6|
|Feb 23||at Frostburg St.||W, 17-2||2||0||2||1-2||0||0||2||0||4||50.0||2||50.0|
|Feb 27||#7 Mary Washington||L, 16-7||0||0||0||0-1||0||0||4||0||3||0.0||3||100.0|
|Mar 2||Stevenson||L, 14-12||2||0||2||0-0||0||0||2||0||4||50.0||4||100.0|
|Mar 9||vs. Coast Guard||W, 16-10||1||0||1||0-0||1||0||2||0||3||33.3||2||66.7|
|Mar 13||Christopher Newport||L, 17-13||2||1||3||0-0||0||0||2||0||5||40.0||5||100.0|
|Mar 16||at Washington College||L, 16-12||1||0||1||0-1||1||0||2||0||4||25.0||2||50.0|
|Mar 20||at St. Mary's (Md.)||L, 20-9||0||0||0||0-0||0||0||3||0||1||0.0||1||100.0|
|Mar 23||at Guilford||W, 18-3||3||1||4||1-1||1||0||2||0||5||60.0||4||80.0|
|Mar 30||Roanoke||W, 16-15||2||1||3||0-0||1||1||3||1||4||50.0||4||100.0|
|Apr 3||at #2 Washington & Lee||L, 17-5||0||0||0||0-0||0||0||2||0||1||0.0||1||100.0|
|Apr 6||at Meredith||W, 20-10||3||0||3||1-1||2||0||1||0||5||60.0||5||100.0|
|Apr 10||Lynchburg||W, 14-12||1||0||1||0-0||2||0||1||0||5||20.0||5||100.0|
|Apr 13||Randolph||W, 21-0||0||3||3||0-0||1||1||0||1||0||-||0||-|
|Apr 17||at Virginia Wesleyan||W, 17-6||2||0||2||0-0||3||0||2||0||5||40.0||4||80.0|
|Apr 20||at Ferrum||W, 20-3||2||2||4||1-1||0||0||1||1||4||50.0||3||75.0|
|Apr 24||Bridgewater (Va.)||W, 19-4||3||0||3||0-1||3||0||0||1||7||42.9||6||85.7|
|Apr 27||Shenandoah||W, 10-9||2||0||2||1-3||1||0||1||0||10||20.0||7||70.0|
|May 4||vs. Roanoke||W, 13-12||5||0||5||0-1||1||0||2||1||7||71.4||6||85.7|
|May 5||at Washington & Lee||L, 17-7||0||0||0||0-1||2||0||5||0||3||0.0||3||100.0|