WINCHESTER, Va. – Randolph-Macon Men's Tennis tallied a 5-0 sweep of the Shenandoah Hornets Friday afternoon in an Old Dominion Athletic Conference match that was forced to switch locations because of rain.
Score: Randolph-Macon 5, Shenandoah 0
Location/Venue: Winchester, Va./Winchester Country Club
Records: Randolph-Macon (6-4, 6-4 ODAC), Shenandoah (3-11, 1-9 ODAC)
How It Happened
- The afternoon started with a doubles sweep. No 3. Doubles pairing of sophomores Alex Hein (Windermere, Fla. / Windermere Preparatory School) and Erik Moulton (Yorktown, Va. / York) won 8-0 against Nick Powers and Kyle Denning.
- Seniors Shane Berry (Midlothian, Va. / James River) and Jacob Haines (Springfield, Va. / West Springfield) defeated Kyler Apgar and Brenton Baugh 8-3 at No. 2 Doubles.
- In No. 1 Doubles, junior Grant Sarver (Richmond, Va. / Mills Godwin) and freshman Ryan Aud (Fishersville, Va. / Wilson Memorial High School) needed a tiebreak set, but were able to win the deciding set 8-6, resulting in the 8-7 match victory against Darian Diaz and Bryan Harris.
- In a match played to decision only, Hein and Berry both won their matches at No. 3 and No. 4 Singles respectively to end the match for R-MC.
- Hein defeated Apgar 6-0, 6-2.
- Berry won 6-0, 6-1 against Baugh.
Randolph-Macon will face Washington and Lee tomorrow beginning at 2:00 PM at the Banks Tennis Center in Ashland. Before the match, R-MC will celebrate Senior Day alongside the Women's Tennis team, which will play Shenandoah.