HARRISONBURG, Va. – The Randolph-Macon Men's soccer team came away with the victory in a shootout tonight against Eastern Mennonite in Harrisonburg. Sophomore Judge Morgan fired the Yellow Jackets ahead just 45 seconds into the match before sophomore Penny Senior (Kingston, Jamica / Meadowbrook) completed a first-half brace, the second of which ended up being the match-winning goal. The Yellow Jackets recorded 20 shots in the match with 12 on goal and grabbed their first ODAC win of the season.
Location/Venue: Harrisonburg, Va. / EMU Turf Field
Score: Randolph-Macon 3, Eastern Mennonite 2
Records: Randolph-Macon 5-6, 1-3 ODAC, Eastern Mennonite 5-9, 0-3 ODAC
How it Happened:
- Sophomore midfielder Judge Morgan (Okinawa, Japan / Kubasaki) got the Yellow Jackets off to an electric start, scoring the first goal of the match inside the first minute to give R-MC an early lead.
- R-MC stayed on the front foot and sophomore forward Penny Senior got on the end of a ball across the face of goal in the 19th minute from senior midfielder Josh Beeker (Bel Air, Md. / Bel Air)to give the Jackets a 2-0 lead. Beeker broke down the left side before squaring the ball for the trailing Senior who side-footed it home past the keeper.
- Just five minutes later, Senior grabbed his brace finishing off a pass from Morgan to give the Jackets a 3-0 lead heading into halftime. This marks Senior's second brace of the season.
- Despite the Royals grabbing two goals back in the second half the Yellow Jackets held out for the win and continued to pepper the EMU goal, finishing the match with 12 shots on target.
By the Numbers:
- Senior and Anthony Astruc (Glen Allen, Va. / Benedictine) both led the Jackets with five shots apiece, with all five of Senior's on goal and three of Astruc's on goal as well.
- Beeker, Morgan, and Jason Nunez (Springfield, Va. / Bishop O'Connell) also all added shots on target for the Yellow Jackets.
- R-MC recorded 20 total shots with 12 on target, while limiting EMU to only six shots on target over the course of the match.
- Freshman keeper Anthony Ivanov (North Brunswick, N.J. / Immaculata) finished the match with four saves while the Jackets earned five corners to the Royals two.
- The Yellow Jackets return home for a midweek contest on Wednesday the 16th when they face Bridgewater for a 7 PM kickoff before facing Emory and Henry at home in a 1 PM kick off on Saturday the 19th for senior day.