RADNOR, Pa. – The Randolph-Macon men's soccer team was bolstered to a 3-2 victory over Cabrini today on the back of sophomore Penny Senior's (Kingston, Jamaica / Meadowbrook) brace which included his first collegiate goal and the winning goal in the 89th minute. Junior Ruben Niamien (Fredericksburg, Va. / Chancellor) added the second goal for the Yellow Jackets from the penalty spot, his second of the season. Senior Manny Ament (Manassas, Va./Hylton) was also a spark for Randolph-Macon today.
Score: Randolph-Macon 3, Cabrini 2
Location/Venue: Radnor, Pa. / ER Dixon Field
Records: Randolph-Macon 3-1, Cabrini 2-2
How it Happened:
- The Yellow Jackets rotated the squad today, but the back line continued its early season brilliance. Ament was a particular standout playing the full 90 minutes at right-back linking up well and putting in tackles and breaking up play up and down the right side. Freshman Max Radosavljevic (Mechanicsburg, Pa. / Cumberland Valley), senior Josh Beeker (Bel Air, Md. / Bel Air), and sophomore Jason Nunez (Springfield, Va. / Bishop O' Connell) rounded out the back four that were consistently solid throughout the match.
- The Cavaliers grabbed the first goal of the match in the 16th minute but the Jackets grew into the game over the course of the first half before equalizing in the 53rd minute as Niamien converted from the penalty spot.
- Cabrini managed to score a second, but Randolph-Macon had come into the game at that point and senior Anthony Astruc (Glen Allen, Va. / Benedictine) won the ball back before clipping a pinpoint ball over the top to Senior who tucked it past the keeper to equalize for his first collegiate goal.
- But the Jackets weren't done as Senior managed to get a last-gasp winner in the 89th minute to complete his brace and the Yellow Jackets comeback to seal the win. Niamien and Senior led the way with three shots on goal and two shots on goal respectively for R-MC.
Inside the Numbers:
- Randolph-Macon controlled the proceedings, outshooting Cabrini 15-6 on the day including five shots on goal.
- The Yellow Jackets also recorded eight corner kicks to the Cavaliers two.
- The Jackets will play at Catholic on Wednesday, Sept. 11 in a 4 p.m. contest followed up by a trip to Neumann on Sept. 14, also a 4 p.m. kickoff.