ASHLAND, Va. - Senior Brian Breslin (Fairfax, Va./W.T.Woodson) recorded five saves, including three in the second half, as the Randolph-Macon men's soccer team dropped a 1-0 decision to Rowan on Wednesday afternoon at the R-MC Soccer Field.
Score: Rowan 1, Randolph-Macon 0
Location/Venue: Ashland, Va./R-MC Soccer Field
Records: R-MC 2-1, Rowan 2-1
How It Happened
- Both teams had chances in the first half. The Profs had seven shots, two of which were on goal. The Yellow Jackets had five corner kicks, but could not find the back of the net.
- After snagging a pair of saves in the first half, Breslin had two acrobatic saves in the 81st minute on consecutive shots. Rowan broke through in the 82nd minute as Kevin Primich notched his third goal of the season, giving the Profs a 1-0 advantage.
Inside the Numbers
- Rowan held a 16-6 advantage in shots, including 6-3 for shots on goal. Sophomore Dylan Ogletree (La Plata, Md./La Plata) had a pair of shots for the Yellow Jackets, one of which was on goal.
- R-MC had five corner kicks in the first half, but none in the second half. Rowan had four corner kicks in the second half after not having any in the first half.
- The Yellow Jackets have surrendered one goal in each of their first three matches this season.
- Randolph-Macon remains at home to host Cabrini on Saturday, Sept. 8 at 1 p.m. on the R-MC Soccer Field.