The Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) is having its first conference-wide food drive, where each member school will compete as to who can collect the most non-perishable food items.
R-MC, in conjunction with its Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, will begin its collections at Parent’s Weekend this Friday, October 5 and will continue through November 14. All donations will go to Hanover Safe Place, a local non-profit organization providing confidential services to persons experiencing domestic or sexual violence in Hanover County, Va. They have a food pantry that clients can use once a week to help with their grocery needs. They rely on the community to help stock the pantry. Here are some items that they like to keep in stock:
* Snacks: Crackers, Chips, Popcorn, Cookies, Fruit Snacks, etc.
* Breakfast Items: Oatmeal, Cereal, Granola Bars, etc.
* Canned Meat: Tuna, Chicken, SPAM, etc.
* Canned Vegetables: Green Beans, Peas, Corn, Carrots, etc.
* Canned Fruit: Peaches, Mandarin Oranges, Pears, Pineapple, etc.
* Canned Pasta: SpaghettiOs, Chef Boyardee items, etc.
* Box Meals: Hamburger, Chicken & Tuna Helper, Macaroni & Cheese, Instant Potatoes, etc.
* White & Brown Rice
* Condiments: Jelly, Peanut Butter, Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise
There will be collection bins located at all home events as well as around campus throughout these dates. Please consider bringing some food items out to one of our home events or by the athletic offices in Crenshaw Gymnasium. For questions please contact Erin Hauser at 804-752-7320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.